We are looking for a Social Media and Marketing Coordinator to join our 2021 edition.
As a Social Media and Marketing Coordinator, you will:
- Monitor current engagement and followers on different social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Implement an effective social media marketing strategy to target desired audiences and improve the festival’s reach.
- Independently research topics related to film production and distribution and identify content that is relevant to WoFF.
- Advertise the festival and its events on the aforementioned social media channels.
- Create engaging text, image and short video content for our social media channels in anticipation to, during, and after the festival.
- Regularly update our social media channels during the festival (7th – 10th October) with photographic and video content, as well as live streaming if/when possible.
- Engage with the audience online and offline.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in digital and social media marketing, and have an academic background in a related subject. Candidates with relevant work experience will also be considered.
- You should be self-motivated, creative and able to organise your own workload, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Facebook and Instagram ads and analytics is essential. Knowledge of Facebook Pixel is desired.
- Previous experience with photo editing software is essential, along with excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate via email and work remotely in an efficient manner in your own time is essential, with availability for occasional meetings.
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS is desirable.
- Knowledge of or interest in the local festival circuit would be beneficial.
Applications from individuals that are part of underrepresented categories and marginalised backgrounds are actively encouraged.
Start date: Candidates will be expected to start in early September. Hours will be part-time in the weeks before the festival and full-time during the festival (7th – 10th October 2021).
Location: Remote before the festival, Glasgow based during the festival.
Salary: Fixed rate of £650, based on a total of 65 hours at £10/hour. Please note that the role is offered on a freelance basis.
Deadline: Saturday 28th August, 12 noon. Interviews will take place remotely during the following week.
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com