We are looking for a Hospitality and Guests Assistant to join our 2021 edition.
As a Hospitality and Guests Assistant, you will:
- Create a friendly atmosphere and represent the festival with the general public.
- Coordinate catering and refreshment services during events.
- Be the first point of contact for all guests and ensure they receive a warm welcome.
- Provide festival passes for filmmakers and arrange transportation as required.
- Assist the WoFF team with venue set up and events delivery.
- Undertake any additional task during the festival weekend (7th-10th October).
- The ideal candidate will have a friendly and enthusiastic attitude, with the ability to work with a variety of audiences.
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential, preferably within the film or events industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and proactive approach.
- Knowledge of multiple languages is desired but not essential.
- Familiarity with the local Glasgow area is essential.
- An interest in film or animation is desirable.
Applications from individuals that are part of underrepresented categories and marginalised backgrounds are actively encouraged.
Candidates will be required to be available throughout the duration of the festival (7th
Remote before the festival, Glasgow based during the festival.
Fixed rate of £200, based on a total of 20 hours at £10/hour. Please note that the role is offered on a freelance basis.
Saturday 28th August, 12 noon. Interviews will take place remotely during the following weeks.
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org