Social Media and Press Coordinator
World of Film International Festival is looking for a Social Media and Press Coordinator to join their 6th edition. As a Social Media and Press Coordinator, you will:
- Monitor and increase current engagement and followers on different social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Improve the festival’s reach, by suggesting changes to the organisation’s website and implementing new strategies on additional platforms (e.g. LinkedIn).
- Independently research topics such as news from festival related organisations, our partners, productions and film in Scotland, and identify content that is relevant to WoFF.
- Advertise the festival and its events on the aforementioned social media channels.
- Create engaging text, image and short video content for our social media channels in anticipation to, during, and after the festival.
- Regularly update our social media channels during the festival (3rd – 6th October) with photographic content, as well as live streaming if/when possible.
- Research and liaise with Scotland-based press in order to promote the festival through their channels, with focus on local press.
- Engage the audience online and offline.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in social media and PR, and have an academic background in Media Studies, Digital Marketing or related subjects. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
You should be well organised and self-motivated, with the ability to organise your own workload with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn ads and analytics. Knowledge of Facebook Pixel is desired but not essential.
Previous experience with photo editing software is essential, along with IT proficiency and copywriting skills.
Knowledge of or interest in the local festival circuit would be beneficial.
Ability to communicate via email and work remotely in an efficient manner in your own time is essential, with availability for occasional meetings.
Experience with WordPress (or another CMS) is desirable, but not essential.
Due to funding limitations, we can only accept applications from the areas of Govan, Hillhead, Anderston, Glasgow Central and Southside.
Start date: Due to late approval of funding the candidate must be available to start immediately. Hours will be part-time in the weeks before the festival and full-time during the festival (3rd-6th October). Flexible hours can be agreed.
Salary: Fixed rate £450. Please note that the role is on self-employment basis.
Deadline: Saturday 14th September, 12 midnight. Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible, as WoFF reserves the right to close the position before the aforementioned date. Interviews will take place on Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th.
Please send your CV and a cover letter (max 300) detailing your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Currently in its sixth edition, World of Film International Festival is an annual film festival based in Glasgow. Our main focus is to promote independent international cinema and bring local audiences together with filmmakers, producers, artists and cinema enthusiasts from all around the world. WoFF2019 will include shorts and feature films in categories such as female perspective, Balkan cinema, and animation. In addition to film screenings, our special programmes include workshops, masterclasses, live events and special cinema and art exhibitions, along with Q&As, panel discussions & networking events with filmmakers and film industry professionals. WoFF is a non-profit organisation bringing audiences a step closer to international independent cinema and giving voice to young artists.